4 popular eBooks for avid readers
When it comes to eBooks readers and accessories, they offer a good advantage when compared with other portable smart devices such as smartphones and laptops and even tablets. eBook readers have an advantage that their screens are designed for extended reading as they resist the glare of the sunlight, thus causing less strain to the eyes.
They are more advantageous when compared with other portable devices as they are much lighter, cheaper and even have greater battery life.
So, if you have decided on buying eBooks and accessories for yourself, go through some of the popular eBook readers and accessories mentioned below for an exclusive reading experience
Budget eBook reader – Amazon Kindle White
A one-time full battery charge on an Amazon Kindle white lasts for more than eight weeks. Amazon’s flagship kindle paperwhite matches its counterpart in terms of resolution which is nearly 330 ppi. The black body and white screen provides a crisper display when compared with its previous iterations. With its 4 built-in LED lights, the Amazon Kindle Paperwhite is best for late night reads. There is no microSD slot which could be a drawback of the eBook reader. It comes with 4GB memory of internal storage which is enough for 1000’s of books.
Available at nearly $250, the new kindle Oasis comes with an ergonomic design. The eBook reader has got dedicated buttons for turning pages and backlights for reading comfortably in the dark without getting much of eyestrain. It has a slimmest design of 13” and still manages to feel sturdy. It makes your hand reading much convenient as the screen size is not more than 7” and has a display of 330 ppi. It weighs around 5 ounces and has an IP rating of IPX8 that can withstand remaining in water for at least an hour. With just 30 minutes of charging per day, the Amazon Oasis can last for up to 8 weeks. It has 8GB of internal memory with a Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n connectivity.
Amazon Fire 7 tablet
eBook readers and accessories manufacturers are offering devices that are more than just eBook readers. The Amazon’s fire 7 tablet is one such device that is more than just an electronic reader. It’s a full-fledged tablet that is powered with Alexa, an intelligent personal assistant developed by Amazon. The Fire 7 tablet comes with a 7-inch 1024 x 600 IPS display that has high contrast. Its vivid colors and display makes reading for hours comfortable and relaxing. With its Fire OS, the eBook reader automatically optimizes the backlight for a better reading experience even in dim lights. You can link your personal account on Amazon with that of your family member’s account and share books conveniently. By paying $30 more, you can upgrade your tablet with a larger reading screen and four more hours.
Kobo Glo HD
Kobo is an eBook reader and accessories manufacturing company based in Canada. They are known for the most versatile editions of eBook readers. Talking about the new Kobo Glo HD, the eBook reader comes with a 6” screen with a screen output of 330 ppi. It still manages to squeeze in 1448 x 1072 worth of screen resolution. With 4GB of internal memory, it manages to store a behemoth number of books. It weighs around 12 ounces and a battery life that lasts for up to 12 weeks on a single charge. The Kobo Glo HD supports up to 14 types of different reading formats including its own proprietary format. It features a perforated silicon backside that gives the reader a comfortable grip.
Buying small kitchen appliances from CostcoRead more
Costco is a great place to buy appliances. They carry a good selection of electronics, home appliances, and kitchen gadgets. But is Costco the place to shop for small kitchen appliances when there are countless retail and web stores carrying the same products? Let us find out.
Costco is known for its discounts. The reason its customers pay for their annual membership is that shopping at Costco helps them save money. This is despite their membership payments, which can range from $55 to $110.
- If you want to buy new kitchen appliances, it can be worth your while to check the deals at Costco. Generally, Costco stores do not carry all the brands of electronics and appliances. But whatever they carry comes with great discount deals.
- If you have a brand in mind for your small kitchen appliance, Costco is probably the best place to buy it. For instance, if you wish to purchase a Costco Ninja blender, you can get this premium product at the lowest price possible in the market. To verify, you can compare the prices of your preferred brands at online and brick-and-mortar stores. Once you are sure that Costco offers the best prices on small kitchen appliances, you can benefit from the store’s discount deals.
Buying small kitchen appliances from Costco can mean benefiting from other offers and services also.
- Costco offers extended warranty on many appliances. So, if you purchase a Costco Ninja blender and there is an offer of extended warranty on it, you get extra peace of mind when using your appliance.
- At Costco, appliance shopping can be rewarding not only in terms of discounts but also satisfaction. There are trained and skilled salespeople at Costco stores to guide customers to make the best decisions about appliance purchases. After all, you don’t keep buying new kitchen appliance for the same application every few months until it has broken or stopped functioning properly. A good quality kitchen appliance can cost a lot of money. Therefore, it helps to get proper assistance from sales personnel at these stores. So, if you are buying a Costco Ninja blender, you can compare all models of Ninja blenders and also with other brands to make your buying choice. This way, you can easily see what you are paying for. For instance, you can confirm if the small jars with the blender is worth the product price or not.
- You can also easily avail appliance repair services at Costco. Members can avail discounts on repair parts and services. This is a major benefit of buying from Costco as repairs for kitchen appliances can often cost a great deal and, at times, not even worth it.
So, whether you are buying a small item like a Costco Ninja blender or a big kitchen appliance like a refrigerator, it can be beneficial for you to shop from a Costco warehouse.
Easy ways to keep your blood glucose in controlRead more
In order to lead a healthy life, it is essential that one must maintain a blood glucose level that is always in control. Blood glucose is a type of sugar that is essential to keep you body energetic; however, too much or too less can cause harm. High blood glucose comes with various threats attached to your kidneys, eyes, nerves, etc.
Keeping blood glucose levels consistent and in control can be a task, especially with the lifestyle changes that one goes through in today’s time. Hormonal changes in women too can cause glucose levels to fluctuate. Although appropriate medication and advice from your physician is essential, here are a few daily self-care steps that will contribute in keeping your glucose levels on par with your active lifestyle.
Follow a healthy diet plan – This is the most important factor that will impact the glucose levels in your body. As the old saying goes “You are what you eat,” it also implies to blood glucose control. Ensure that you eat all your meals on time. Many people are into the habit of skipping breakfast, this can only push your glucose levels to highs. Skipping a meal comes with the threat of your blood glucose falling lower too, especially if you under medication or take insulin injections.
Go easy on those carbs – Carbohydrates are condemned for being the food nutrient that affects blood glucose levels the most. It is necessary to limit the intake of food such as white rice, pumpkin, white bread, etc. that are very high in carbohydrates.
Regular Exercise – Exercising is crucial, it only aids in a better functioning of every organ of your body. Activities such as swimming, walking, cycling, etc. help your body to efficiently process food. Try to sneak in small walks wherever you can, maybe during the lunch break at office. Make exercise a part of your day, even if it means a few minutes.
Quality sleep is a must – Sleeping for fewer hours or disrupted and poor sleep patterns can do more harm than you can comprehend. Hormone functioning becomes poor and insulin sensitivity is decreased. Sleeping for enough hours is essential, but this does not account for over sleeping. Either ways, irregular sleeping patterns can affect the level of blood glucose in your body.
Boost drinking water levels – Say goodbye to unhealthy sugar loaded beverages and hello to plenty of drinking water. It is necessary to keep the body well hydrated, especially since the increased glucose causes frequent urination. Water aids in keeping your body well hydrated.