Here’s a condition that affects the athletes and regular individuals alike- muscular spasms. These spasms are characterized by excruciating pain in the affected area, which can restrict your normal movement for a brief period of time.
Muscle spasms occur when a person lifts heavy weights or when the muscles are overworked and overused, and it ultimately leads to an injury. Muscle cramps manifest themselves in the form of sharp involuntary contractions that can leave an individual writhing in pain. It is sudden, and you cannot control it. People usually opt for Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) to combat the pain. However, if you aren’t keen on popping painkillers to treat spasms, you can opt for home remedies that are 100% natural and without side-effects.
Here’s a list of home remedies that work wonders as spasm treatment method. Keep reading.
- Chamomile– There are still some ancient herbal remedies that can help conquer our health issues better than the modern ones, and that too without any side-effects. Chamomile is one such herbal remedy that is known to reduce the pain inflicted by any injury or an ailment. These days people usually drink chamomile tea to treat sore muscles, and in the event of muscle spasms, you can treat it by massaging chamomile oil in the affected area.
- Cold Compress– Cold Compress has a soothing effect on injuries and speeds up the healing process. Cold Compress will reduce the pain and inflammation caused by sudden muscle spasms, and aid the muscle relaxation process. Do not directly apply a cold compress to the skin, keep a cloth between the skin and the cold compress. Repeat this spasm treatment every two to three hours.
- Epsom Salt– Epsom Salt is known to possess high magnesium content which works wonderfully for soothing the tense muscles, ease stress, and can effectively detoxify the body. It reduces the pain caused by spasms and aids the healing process. So, prepare a warm bath with Epsom Salt in it. Soak your body in it for 20 to 30 minutes, and you will feel the pain subsiding immediately.
- Cherry Juice– Cherries are loaded with antioxidants and is quite effective in combating inflammation that arises out the pain caused by muscle spasms. Consuming cherry juice ensures that the muscles can relax post-workout, and it has been hailed as an effective home remedy for treating spasms.
- Apple Cider Vinegar– Apple Cider Vinegar serves a lot of purposes and is a potent remedy for treating a variety of diseases. It is high in potassium and potassium deficiency is the reason why muscles become vulnerable to injury. A tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar in warm water will prevent the recurrence of spams.
Your guide to getting FHA loan approvalsRead more
A Federal Housing Administration (FHA) loan is a type of mortgage which is insured by the FHA and is considered one of the most affordable and fastest loans to procure.
Simply put, the borrower needs to be approved by the FHA to get this loan. You may then look for different mortgage rates with different FHA-approved lenders. There are plenty of portals which may help you get fast quotes and you may subsequently take the process ahead with any lender whose rates you have found affordable.
Important guidelines to get an FHA loan approval
Discussed below are a few important aspects to keep in mind while applying for an FHA loan.
The credit score requirement to get an FHA loan approval is not stringent. The minimum eligible credit score for the same is 580. Even if you do not have a credit history, your lender will need to evaluate your eligibility, based on a non-traditional merged credit. Some borrowers may require a score of 640-680 to be eligible for this loan.
While this is a guideline set, many lenders also give a loan to people with a credit score of at least 500.
Debt to income ratio
The debt to income ratio is a critical guideline followed by lenders to evaluate the eligibility of a borrower. It is a way in which lenders (even mortgage lenders) calculate a borrower’s ability to repay the debts, considering their regular incomes. The acceptable limit of this ratio is 31:43 to get an FHA loan approval.
Even though getting an approval for an FHA loan seems fairly easy, the real challenge arises in getting two types of mortgage insurances as prerequisites. One insurance needs to be paid fully while the other has to have a provision of being paid in monthly installments.
The minimum down payment required for an FHA loan approval is 3.5%. While the standard rate for down payment runs at 20%, the 3.5% comes as a great relief for borrowers who cannot afford such a high amount.
Other important areas
A lender will look into your employment history, lawful residency in the US, as well as a valid Social Security number (SSN). You would also require to have an appraisal for the property from a verified FHA-approved appraiser.
The other requirements differ from lender to lender, and it is always advisable to gather full information about your verified FHA loan lender before applying for a loan.
3 ways SMA patients and caregivers can maintain a healthy relationshipRead more
The relationship between a person diagnosed with spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) and their caregiver is a two-way street. It is important to remember that both the patient and caregiver have their individual needs that should be communicated clearly. Irrespective of whether the primary caregiver is a parent, friend, or someone who has been hired to take care of the SMA patient, there are a few important things to consider for a healthy relationship between them. Below are three tips for SMA patients to maintain a healthy relationship with their caregivers-
- Informing the caregiver in advance about any schedule changes
SMA patients should remember that their caregivers, whether family, friends or professional caregivers, have their own schedules and needs. One needs to ensure that they don’t make any last-minute changes without informing the caregiver well in advance. A caregiver plans everything according to the SMA patient’s schedule, and any sudden changes might cause problems with the caregiver’s schedule and routine. It is important to remember that the caregiver is likely to have other jobs, people to meet, and other personal errands of their own. Hence, it is essential to inform the caregiver in advance if there are any changes to one’s schedule.
- Conveying one’s needs clearly
If an SMA patient is hiring someone through an agency or via the Internet, it is vital to know that the caregiver has probably had clients with a wide range of needs, levels of independence, and abilities. Hence, it is necessary for the patient to inform the caregiver about what their specific needs are, what tasks they can do, and what tasks they cannot perform. The best way that a caregiver will be able to help a patient properly and cater to all their needs is by just communicating with them. If one is used to doing certain things in a particular manner, let the caregiver know that beforehand so that they are able to do their job thoroughly by keeping their patient’s needs in mind.
- It is okay to have disagreements with the caregiver
When the caregiver is a friend or family member, fights and arguments are inevitable. However, when one has a fight, a confusion, a misunderstanding, or whether there is a simple disagreement with one’s caregiver, one needs to ensure that this tension does not last. It is important to communicate openly and work together towards solving the problem.
- Informing the caregiver in advance about any schedule changes