Tires are your SUV’s best friend. The best SUV tires are those that can be used for all seasons – summer, winter, rain or snow. Using the appropriate tires brings out the best performance from your vehicle. Top among the several factors to be considered are comfort and security. Your driving needs and size of the tire also need to be considered while choosing the most suitable tire model.
The benefit of choosing an all-season tire, especially for an SUV:
- A branded tire is usually the product of technology and innovation and has a special tread compound that makes tackling all weather conditions with ease.
- A tire with a good tread pattern ensures maximum grip (both straight and cornering)
- Reduces hydroplaning on wet roads
- Reduces braking distance
- Less fuel consumption
- Resists chipping and tearing, provides excellent durability where the pavement ends.
- Low rolling noise i.e. better acoustic comfort in the cabin
The SUV tires offered by Goodyear have not only a clean exterior; they have all-season traction for maximum performance on snow and ice and provide a quiet ride. Their range of SUV tires includes Goodyear Wrangler, Goodyear Fortera, and Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max to name a few.
Dunlop crossover tires are rated one of the most sought after tires. They not only provide all-season traction and comfort, but the sporty design also complements the look of your SUV. The Dunlop Grandtrek AT20 tires are made especially for luxury SUV’s. Other noteworthy all terrain SUV tires are Dunlop Grandtrek SJ5 and Dunlop Grandtrek Touring A/S.
Michelin crossover and SUV tires guarantee to enhance the performance of your vehicle. These tires use EverGrip wet-braking technology which makes these tires safe to drive on wet roads and is found to have a shorter braking distance than competing brands. Defender LTX M/S, Premier LTX, and LTX M/S2 are some of their all-season tires with ultimate tread life and increase the fuel economy of your SUV.
3 easy-to-make flavored iced coffee recipes for a cool summerRead more
As soon as summer and spring descend, it’s time to whip up the seasonal beverages that will keep you cool. Iced tea and flavored iced coffee are two of the most popular beverages during this time; they give you your caffeine fix as well as a respite from the heat outside.
It’s true that your local barista or the popular coffee chain in the neighborhood will have some of the fanciest-looking flavored iced coffees in their menu, but when you break down the basics, most of these can be easily made at home. Whether you want a light vanilla-flavored iced coffee or something more dessert-like with a nice topping, you can try your hand at these delectable flavored iced coffee recipes at home:
- Vanilla-flavored iced coffee: This is one of the simplest flavored iced coffee recipes. For this, you will need a cup of ground coffee, 4 vanilla beans that are split lengthwise, a cup of milk, ¼ cup of sugar, and a few ice cubes. Mix the ground coffee with 4 cups of water. Cover it and let the coffee stand overnight or for 12 hours at room temperature. Mix the vanilla beans, sugar, and milk in a saucepan and let the mixture simmer over medium heat. Let it stand and steep for 20 minutes. Strain the coffee into a bowl through a fine-mesh sieve. Through a coffee filter, strain the coffee again into a large pitcher. Fill four tumblers with ice cubes, pour coffee till one inch of the rim, and then pour the vanilla-flavored milk.
- Chocolate-flavored iced coffee: This chocolate-flavored iced coffee has a sweetish taste to it. This recipe calls for a cup each of fat-free milk and boiling water, 4 teaspoons each of instant coffee granules, chocolate syrup, and sugar, 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and a few ice cubes. Dissolve the coffee in the water in a large bowl. Add and stir well the rest of the ingredients. Serve this flavored coffee over the ice cubes. You can top it off with a couple of scoops of vanilla ice-cream.
- Thai iced coffee: Although the name has an exotic touch to it, this flavored iced coffee is quite easy to make. The ingredients required are a cup each of ground coffee and sweetened condensed milk and ¾ cup of milk. Make four cups of strong coffee by brewing the coffee in four cups of water in a coffee machine. Chill the brewed coffee in the refrigerator. Mix both the varieties of milk in a small bowl until a smooth consistency and chill the milk. While serving, pour the coffee in four tumblers filled with ice cubes and top them off with the chilled milk.
Five benefits of using rowing machinesRead more
More and more people are waking up to the importance of fitness in their daily routine because the obesity rate in the country is increasing alarmingly. Fitness no longer takes a backseat when it comes to healthy living, and the proof is in the number of people signing up for gym sessions. However, gyms have multiple types of fitness equipment that work on specific parts of the body. The rowing machine is one such piece of fitness equipment that burns more calories as compared to running or cycling.
Here are a few known benefits of using the rowing machine.
Cycling and running will boost your cardiovascular activity, but rowing is specifically designed to keep your heart and lungs healthy. The rowing action helps pump more blood and fresh oxygen throughout your body while simultaneously burning calories faster than what you can achieve with running or cycling.
Complete body workout
Rowing is an exercise that engages most of the muscle groups in the body. It is one of the few fitness equipment that works on the upper back, shoulder, chest, arm muscles, lower quadriceps, glutes, calves, and hamstrings at the same time.
If you are looking to prepare yourself for sporting and athletic events, a rowing machine will help you increase your stamina and endurance. Working out on this fitness equipment helps burn calories, builds muscle mass, and enhances your strength training.
A broad range of movements
Many fitness equipment limit your body’s motions, thereby failing to engage vital muscle groups. A rowing machine, however, has a broad range of movements that tone your muscles. Vigorous rowing not only strengthens the muscles but if done correctly, also enhance your form.
Better resistance training
Resistance training helps you increase your muscle mass, metabolic rate, improve insulin sensitivity, prevent weight gain, and increase bone mineral content. A rowing machine mimics the continuous pull-and-push motion of rowing to increase resistance in the workout. Thus, this fitness equipment aids in the overall development of your upper and lower body muscles.