6 Essential Tips For Buying A Portable Audio-Video PlayerRead More
Portable audio and video players are entertainment devices for on-the-go. For people who want to listen to music while they work out, or watch movies or television series during their long commute to work, portable audio and video devices are one of the must-have devices. These devices have a large storage space for multimedia. Although smartphones have now incorporated all the features of such devices, the multimedia applications on these phones do drain the battery. In such cases, using a dedicated multimedia device such as a portable audio and video device can be handy. These devices are available in various sizes and with different features. Here are a few things to look for while buying a portable audio and video player:
- Size of the device: The size of the screen and the body determines the size of the portable audio and video device. If you are planning to watch a lot of videos (movies and series), you should buy a device with a larger screen size. A small screen will ruin the viewing experience as you would not be able to make out most of the details of the video that you are watching. If you want a portable audio and device mostly for listening to music while you work out or run, you will prefer a device that is lighter and smaller in size to be easily carried along. The price of your device will greatly depend on the size. A device with a larger size will cost more.
- Battery life of the device: The battery life of your portable audio and video device is one of the most important factors you should consider while buying one. A longer battery life will ensure that you can enjoy listening to your music or watching movies for a longer time without recharging the device. If you look at the specifications of most portable audio and video devices, you will notice that there are separate battery ratings for audio playback and video playback. Usually, audio playback runs longer than video playback on a single recharge. Pick your portable audio and video device based on how you plan to use it.
- Storage capacity: A majority of the portable media players come with the option of storing media files on external devices such as flash memory, hard drives, and removable flash cards. Some portable devices have their own internal memory storage. Along with this, most devices have expandable memory. More memory may mean an increase in price.
- Control functions: Control functions of portable media devices include playback, stop, pause, fast forward, and rewind of media files. Control functions also let you navigate through the media files of the device. Control functions also include volume control and advanced functions such as renaming files, sorting them, deleting them, etc. Buttons or touchscreen or both provide control functionality in portable audio and video devices. Portable players with touchscreen cost more than the one with buttons.
- The interface of the device: A portable audio and video portable device should have a user-friendly interface. The interface should be easy for the user to navigate through the various controls of the device. The interface includes various control functions and other visual cues on the device. Pick a device that has a simple interface that lets you find all the controls and navigate through the device quickly.
- Playback features of the device: This includes the various formats of the media files in your device. Make sure that your portable audio and video device supports at least the basic file formats that includes music files, video files, as well as photos. For a better experience, look for a player that supports advanced formats of media files as well.
Popular Smart Jewelry Products You Need To KnowRead More
Fitness trackers and smartwatches might be the current rage in the market, but another form of wearable technology that is becoming increasingly popular is smart jewelry. Sounds interesting, right? This innovative variant combines the aesthetics and intelligence in the most practical manner. However, they all differ in terms of features and design. So, some of them might be used as fitness trackers while others might be designed for smartphone connectivity. When it comes to the form, you can find them as bracelets, necklaces, and rings. The one you pick solely depends on what fulfills your purpose. If you are not acquainted with the smart jewelry, then read further to get an insight into some of the most popular products in the market.
- Bellabeat Leaf Urban – This piece of wearable technology is an elegant fitness tracker that monitors your daily activities, sleeping habits, reproductive and mental health. Depending on your lifestyle, this device can predict stress and motivate you to pursue deep breathing and meditation via alerts. Bellabeat Leaf Urban’s geometric structure is designed using stainless steel and water-resistant wood. Priced at $139 approximately, Bellabeat Leaf Urban can be worn as neckpiece or a bracelet. You can find it in rose gold and silver colors.
- Tory Burch Fitbit – Looking for something ultrachic? Then try Tory Burch’s designer bands for Fitbit Flex 2. This designer bracelet houses your Flex device in the most stylish way possible. You can find these bands in stainless steel and leather variants in beautiful colors. On the other hand, the wearable technology used consists features like a smart tracker for all-day activities and sleeping, phone notifications and long battery life. Its waterproof design makes it perfect for swimmers. However, it is to be noted that both these elements are sold separately.
- Ringly Luxe – The finger ring offered by Ringly Luxe is created with a pyramid-cut purple jade on a gold-plated base. It tracks physical activity and provides smartphone connectivity with customized alerts. Its battery lasts for one to two days, depending on usage. This water-resistant model helps you relax with guided audio meditation and breathing exercises to subside stress. It costs around $165.
- Sona Bracelet by Caeden – This beautifully designed tracker can be easily mistaken for a wristwatch. Apart from observing physical movements it also has a one of a kind heart sensor that gauges your stress fluctuations and predicts your overall health condition. It also offers five specially tailored calming techniques to cope with tension. Sona Bracelet is valued at $199 and is offered in three colors, i.e., rose gold, gunmetal, and gold.
- Senstone – Designed like a little charm jewelry, Senstone is a different concept altogether. It’s not a tracker but a type of wearable technology that records your voice and translates it into text via its smartphone app. These recordings can be related to your to-do lists, weekly goals, personal diary, etc. It can be donned as a brooch, neckpiece or bracelet. You can get this product for $145.
- Watch Hunger Stop Michael Kors Reade – This special edition tracker by Michael Kors is available in rose gold and gunmetal shades. It is put together using stainless steel, glass, leather, and mother of pearl. Apart from looking fashionable, this device keeps a tab on your physical activities, sleep and assists you in designing useful health goals. You can buy it for $145 approximately.
Apart from the six popular smart jewelry pieces mentioned above, you can checkout Misfit Bloom, Ringly Luxe Smart Bracelet, 5. Ringly Luxe Smart Bracelet, Michael Kors Access Bracelet, etc. These wearable technology products can be found in stores as well as on e-commerce websites. However, before shopping, ensure that you check the features, prices as well the consumer reviews to make the best pick.
Nine Great Features To Look For In A Fitness TrackerRead More
Fitness trackers are undoubtedly one of the most popular types of wearable technology. They have massively evolved over the last few years and have incorporated intelligent features which make monitoring health a lot easier. However, the models vary according to every consumer’s needs. If you are on a lookout for such wearable technology but don’t know where to start from, then begin by shortlisting the kind of features you’d fancy. The following are some of the most sought-after features that can be found in current fitness tracker variants, which will help you pick the best.
- Pedometer – This is the most basic feature any fitness tracker possesses, i.e., it measures the number of steps taken throughout the day. These basically act as a reminder and can motivate you to increase your physical movement on a daily basis. Currently, many fitness tracker models also house useful data like the amount of distance covered and calories burnt.
- Calorie count – Based on the data from the pedometer, the calorie count feature can inform you about the estimated calories you have lost. You can also monitor your calorie intake through the day with the help of the smartphone app. You just have to key in what you’ve had for meals. The results can assist you in making some necessary alterations in your diet for weight management purposes.
- Sleep tracker – Wearable technology today wants to assess all the health factors comprehensively. So, many brands have introduced a sleep tracker which evaluates your quality of sleep. With the help of the sensors, it not only determines how much sleep time did you cover but also gives information about how many times you woke up through the night. If you notice any issues in your slumber period, then you can readjust your routine to rest better.
- Pulse monitor – Certain fitness tracker models also have sensors that record the heart rate. This can be an excellent feature for athletes or people with health problems. By realizing how hard your heart has to work, you can customize your exercise regime to perform better.
- Alarms – If you happen to be someone who despises the shrill sound of alarms, then you should get a fitness tracker that has a silent alarm feature. It’s simple, you just wear it while sleeping and it will gently buzz to wake you up.
- Goal dashboard – Almost all fitness trackers have their own smartphone apps. These apps contain vital statistics about your health. You can also set daily or weekly targets. On the completion of your fitness goals, you receive a congratulatory message which you can share with family and friends. If you wish, you can also pursue collective goals with fellow users.
- Smartphone notifications – You can easily miss some of the important calls through the day. A fitness tracker prevents this situation by projecting notifications if you get a call, email, or text. This can be especially useful while you are traveling or working.
- Battery life – A fitness tracker doesn’t need recharging on a daily basis. Some fitness trackers have a battery life up to five days. But this can differ according to every consumer’s usage patterns.
- Waterproof – There are wearable technology brands which specifically manufacture a waterproof design for swimmers. Moreover, if you are looking for something simpler, then you can also find water-resistant models in the market.
All the wearable technology brands may not offer the features mentioned above, so determine the best combination that works for you. For instance, if you need a something that keeps you active through the day, then a simple fitness tracker with a pedometer and smartphone connectivity will do. Moreover, if you are an athlete, then you will need an advanced model which will keep an overall track of your fitness regime.
Tag – Wearable Technology
Here’s What You Need To Know About Smart ClothingRead More
Smart clothing is a type of wearable technology that is still being explored by various markets. Its fabric is implanted with interactive technology which is primarily used for tracking fitness goals. And even though it’s not mainstream as yet, it undoubtedly has a lot of potential to be the next decade’s most sought-after product. Therefore, thrilled with the possibilities of smart clothing, several manufacturers today have come up with their original products.
If you are wondering how this such kind of wearable technology can be beneficial for you, then read further.
- Ease – For some people, wearing a fitness tracker around the wrists or the arm can be extremely uncomfortable. This is because it can retain a lot of sweat around the area and cause skin irritation. On the other hand, smart clothing comes in various apparel forms which are highly inconspicuous and light. The best part about these is that brands have scaled several heights to make them incredibly comfy. So, you won’t even notice the difference between regular and smart clothing.
- Accurate numbers – Typically, statistics projected on most wearable technology products are correct. However, at times devices can process faulty information which always fuels the debate about how reliable they can be for fitness monitoring purposes. Smart clothing has an added advantage, i.e., the sensors within are much closer to the body so that they can offer precise data about exercise regimes and pulse rates.
- Additional data – Apart from the standard heart rate and motion tracking, currently some smart clothing brands are trying to take a comprehensive approach by monitoring the respiration rate as well. This can be extremely valuable as it gives you an insight into how you should manage your workout schedules as well as time-outs. For instance, if you do yoga exercises daily, smart clothing can be used to observe your breathing patterns, so that you can get better at executing complex postures.
- Healthcare applications – Not just for tracking your workout regimes, such wearable technology is also making its way in the healthcare sector. It can be used for keeping an eye on the infant’s breathing patterns and heart rates. Similarly, a few companies have come up with apparels that could help detect cardiovascular diseases.
- Convenience – Most smart clothing variants have to be washed by hand after detaching the monitoring devices from it. However, you can find products that have washable sensors, but at this point, this feature is only offered by a handful of brands. However, there is a good chance that brands in future will manufacture waterproof apparels to accommodate such consumer preferences.
- Connectivity – Like fitness wristbands, even smart clothing effortlessly connects to your smartphone. Not just for stats, some products can also utilize a social media space for active sharing. Some brands have also incorporated the feature of GPS tracking.
These products also termed as e-textiles, and are available in the form of shoes, bras, running shorts, suits, dresses, socks, trousers, jackets, etc. Besides fitness, smart clothing is increasingly becoming a subject of intrigue for ultra-modern fashion. So, in the coming years, they might be regular apparel to be seen on the store racks.
Hexoskin, Samsung NFC suit, Owlet Smart Sock 2, Nadi X yoga pants, SUPA Powered Sports Bra, Lumo Run, Levi’s x Google Jacquard Jacket, MyZone Sports Bra, Athos, Sensoria running socks 2.0, Neopenda smart baby hat, etc. are some of the popular products that you can consider buying. All of the wearable technology products mentioned vary according to the purpose and budget.
Apart from smart clothing, you can also explore different forms of wearable technology such as smart jewelry, intelligent wristbands and headbands, and smart watches, etc.
Top Six Benefits Of Using Wearable TechnologyRead More
Over the past few years, there has been an explosion in the wearable tech industry. But many of us are still wondering “what exactly is a wearable tech?” And it is justifiable as this form of technology is still relatively new, and it is gradually targeting the mainstream markets. In simple terms, wearable technology is a hands-free device that can be worn by consumers on the wrist, arms, or face which can be connected to smartphones. Its purpose? Such devices primarily are used to track vital data about health and fitness. Apart from quantifying physical activities, numerous variants are used to provide information about calls, texts, e-mails, app notifications, etc. Currently, several professional domains are utilizing wearable technology to enhance productivity at their workplace.
Are you planning to purchase a wearable gadget for yourself? Then, here are some of the top benefits of wearable technology that you must be aware of. These will help you make better shopping choices.
- Connectivity – As mentioned earlier, wearable technology intelligently links to smartphones. These can notify you about incoming calls, messages, app alerts, etc. This liberates you from the hassle of checking your mobile every now and then. Some have also gone one step ahead and coupled them with home appliances like air conditioners to modify the temperatures. If you ever lose your smartphone, the technology can also be used to trace its location.
- Monitors health – Many wearable technology products are marketed for their health and fitness tracking features. Such devices are useful for athletes, fitness buffs, or people who merely want to keep an eye on their body’s daily activity levels. Such wearable technology monitors how many steps you have taken or how much distance have you covered in a day. When linked with its smartphone app, it will draw statistics about your calorie levels, pulse rate, daily targets, and weight management. You can even put it on while sleeping as it analyzes the quality of your slumber time.
- Safety – Some forms of wearable technology offer vital safety features which notify the network to coordinate with first responders. Such feature narrows down the location, gathers audio via your smartphones, and also tracks the speed of your movements.
- Aesthetics – The wearable technology industry has undoubtedly identified the significance of beautiful designs. Like they have evolved their features, brands have also taken the effort to modify their products to be compact, vibrant, and classy so that they could easily pass off as accessories. Aesthetics might not be a priority, but they are a fantastic incorporation in wearable tech.
- Innovation – Not just for conventional markets, wearable technology has even entered the healthcare sectors. Its innovative mechanism is used to target a number of diseases. Moreover, they can also be used by medical professionals to receive notifications about emergencies. Although, it is yet to be popular, as not all medical facilities are equipped with the much-needed technological infrastructure.
It is also increasingly gaining momentum in specific types of workplaces to raise productivity among employees.
- Motivation – The progress charts provided by the wearable technology can often be motivating. This is because it records the real-time data which can be accessed anytime to see the growth so far. For instance, a runner can assess their progress or setbacks to achieve their goals efficiently. Similarly, in professional settings, employees too can access their performance. This can aid in identifying their strengths as well as areas of improvement to increase output.
If you are fascinated by the idea of wearable technology, you can consider buying products from popular brands like Apple, Fitbit, Garmin, Samsung, Xiaomi, Tomtom, Polar, Philips, Lumo, etc. All of these companies specialize in different types of gadgets. You can select the ones which suit your needs the best.
Tag – wearable technology
Factors to look for in a fitness trackerRead More
Wearable technology has evolved by leaps and bounds over the last few years. Fitness trackers are some of the most commonly used gadgets in the world of wearable technology. From monitoring your activity levels throughout the day to checking whether you are getting enough sleep and ensuring that you get timely updates of all notifications from your smartphone, there are several things that fitness trackers do. But what exactly should you look for in your fitness tracker? How can you find the right one for your needs? Well, let’s look at some factors that one needs to look for in a fitness tracker.
If you have an iPhone, you should understand that not all fitness trackers in the market are iOS compatible. So, operating system compatibility should be the first thing to consider. The version of Android or iOS supported is also an important aspect to look into.
Durability and build quality
Not everyone might need a fitness tracker that they can wear while swimming or diving but having these modes means that the tracker comes with a durable waterproof build. So, you can wear it all day and during all weather conditions. There should also be a robust strap that does not bend and break easily.
?Some fitness trackers come with automatic workout modes that can sense even sports, swimming, and so much more. Consider the purpose for which you are picking a fitness tracker and decide whether you should be paying extra simply for the sake of a few extra workout modes.
Personal Activity Intelligence or PAI is a smart feature that senses your activity levels and automatically suggests fitness goals for optimum heart health. This is a handy feature to motivate you to stay active.
Having a full-touch display allows quicker and more convenient navigation. It should also be a bright display, preferably OLED, especially for outdoor use on a bright sunny day.
Like the menu on the tracker itself, the app interface should be easy and intuitive. From the graphical representation of the captured data to convenient navigation to historical data, there are several features that make a fitness tracker’s mobile app practical to use.
Besides the above-mentioned features, you should be sure that the fitness tracker comes with good battery life. The best fitness trackers of 2021 can last for a few days before needing to be charged again.
Considering the above parameters when you choose from the fitness trackers of 2021, you are left with a reliable workout companion. This would be a gadget that helps you stay motivated in your fitness journey.
Retire in peace and in styleRead more
Is your retirement around the corner? Have you chosen the retirement community for yourself? Well, if not, then what are you waiting for? Retirement means a lot of time that you can give to yourself and do the things that you love and spend the rest of your life in peace. Here is the list of perfect retirement communities, divided on a regional basis so that you can choose your area of preference easily.
Monte Vista Village Resort
Monte Vista Village Resort is one of the best retirement communities in Mesa, Arizona. It has some refreshing pools and splendid golf courses for the golf lovers and not forgetting the magnificent tennis courts for the lovers of this racquet-sport. It is spread over 80 acres of land.
Sunrise RV Resort
Situated in the warmth and opulence of a desert region, Sunrise RV Resort welcomes recreation lovers with magnificent lakes for fishing and boating, swimming pools, tennis courts and untamed natural beauty of the Sonoran Desert.
Palm Springs Oasis Resort
The Palm Springs Oasis Resort is situated in the Coachella Valley. From there, you will get a perfect view of the San Jacinto and the Santa Rosa Mountain ranges. The resort provides its guest retirees with a golf course, spa, two beautiful swimming pools and a tennis court.
Four Lakes Golf Club
The specialty of the Four Lakes Golf Club among other retirement communities is that it has a waterfront, a premium golf course and exclusive cypress wetlands. It gives you the chance to confront the picturesque beauty of 500 scenic areas. It is situated near Disney and Orlando.
The Meadows and Arbors at CountryWood
Awarded as the Community of the Year by MHI, The Meadows and Arbors at CountryWood proves that it has got something different from the other retirement communities. The houses exhibit the traditional colonial form of architecture. It is located at about 20 miles or even less than that from Tampa. Your stay at this retirement community is sure to be nostalgic.
Willow Lake Estates
The Willow Lake Estates is situated on the Fox River. The retirees can enjoy the experience of a private stocked lake with a boat dock. It is a very spacious clubhouse that is located in the Chicago metro area. With a radius of 6 miles, you will get many restaurants that provide mouth-watering food.
Anderson Creek Club
The Anderson Creek Club is spread over 1,700 acres of land. It is a perfect choice for those who are seeking retirement communities in the lap of nature. The Anderson Creek Club is only 90 miles away from the beach and a few hours journey will take you to the mountains.
This is one of the most friendly retirement communities that you will ever come across. It has a private freshwater lake that is spread over an area of 182 acres where you can go boating and fishing.
5 tips for buying a great gaming laptopRead more
Gaming is king. Gaming is a profession. There are thousands of video games out there in the market. With the video game industry booming like never before, gaming can be a valuable form of relaxation for all gaming users. These days you find PC fanboys advocating high-end PC rigs to be able to play the latest games with the most gorgeous of graphics at decent FPS (first person shooter) rates.
But can you play high-end games on a laptop? Well, yes you can. You need to know a couple know-hows and technical things before you go out shopping for that portable gaming rig. Pick one right and it might outperform your ordinary PC. Plus, the prices coupled with portability; nothing beats that.
Here are 5 tips and things to look out for when choosing to buy a gaming laptop.
Get sufficient storage: Go for SSD drives in your gaming laptop rig. Good SSDs come in a 256GB size along with hard drives offering up to 1TB space. This is sufficient storage if you’re planning to save videos, multiple games, and do much more with your laptop besides just gaming. It’s good to be able to use your laptop for all round everyday use and getting good storage is the first step.
Aim for a wide screen size: 15-inch screens are pure gold. They don’t add much to the pounds and they are still easy to carry. You could try buying 17-inch laptops but the weight may make it difficult to tote them around with you all the time. Make sure the screen size offers a resolution of 1080p which is optimal for most games. Some screens offer resolutions up to 4k but those are like high end gaming rigs like Alienware.
Look for memory: In order to multitask and run various programs in the background such as instant messaging, Skype, email and so on, your laptop needs to have sufficient RAM. If you’re the sort of person who loves recording and texting at the same time as gaming, get at least 8GB RAM. If you opt for 16GB, then you can rest assured it’s got great memory for running various applications. Additionally, you can use video editing software and use the rig for rendering videos too which also consume quite a bit of RAM.
Get a killer processor: The processor is one of the main components of your gaming rig. AMD and Nvidia GPUs are stellar graphics processors in the market. The GPU units matter more than the CPU processors. Get a quad core AMD processor if possible since they support high end gaming. The better the graphics processor, the better the image and visuals will look on screen. The detail will also improve along with the higher resolutions. Definitely something to take into consideration before you end up buying a gaming laptop. Do your research.