HIV weakens the body’s immune system; leaving it at risk for other infections. A healthy diet can help one maintain their body’s strength and continue to ward off infections.
Here are some simple nutrition tips to follow if one has HIV or AIDS.
- Limit the intake of processed foods. However, the best thing to do is eliminate all processed foods from your diet.
- Add more fresh foods to the diet. The meals should include plenty of vegetables and fruits. One should especially eat the vegetables and fruits with high antioxidant contents as these nutrients can aid body’s germ fighting capabilities. Include carrots, pumpkin and all types of berries in the diet.
- Include protein-rich foods in the diet. One can add fish, lean meats, nuts, dairy products, and lentils. Add cottage cheese, boiled eggs or nuts to the salad; eat cereal with yogurt. Basically, eat freshly-cooked foods with healthy ingredients and always add some protein in them.
- HIV causes rapid weight loss. So, add more calories to the diet through healthy carbohydrates and fats. Attempt to eat whole grains every day. Choose whole wheat bread, crackers and pasta and brown rice. One can also eat oatmeal and potatoes. Consume simple sugars in the form of fruits (both fresh and dried) and as jams, jellies, and maple syrup. One can also eat nut butter, sour cream and some butter and margarine in moderation.
- Eat small meals throughout the day. HIV can reduce appetite. So, when there’s an urge to eat, take full advantage of it.
- Avoid sugary drinks and alcohol.
- Drink extra water. Proper hydration can help keep fatigue at bay and reduce harsh side effects of the medicine. Increase water intake in case of fever or diarrhea, which are common HIV symptoms.
- Consume salt and sugar in moderation.
- Refrain from taking vitamin supplements without consulting with your doctor.
- Discuss the diet with a doctor as some foods may interfere with the medicines. Eat as per the doctor’s recommendations.
Living with HIV/AIDS is not easy. But a healthy diet can make a lot of difference to one’s health.
Stunning earrings collections at the Diamond Studs saleRead more
As Elizabeth Taylor once said, ‘Big girls need big diamonds.’ That women love diamonds is no secret and no woman would ever say no to a beautiful pair of diamond studded earrings. Especially, when it comes as a gift from someone special. If you are a man who believes it is better to have a single flawed diamond than a sack of perfect pebbles, then there are classic diamond studs for you too. You can choose from black, brown, blue or yellow diamonds to suit your individual taste and masculine look from the grand variety offered by Diamond Studs.
This online American jewelry store sells certified and sparkling diamonds with which you can create the most dazzling pair of diamond stud earrings. You can design the perfect diamond jewelry you desire from the remarkable collections on offer at their diamond studs earrings sale. Choose from a variety of shapes: Round, Princess, Cushion, Asscher, Emerald, Hearts and Arrows, Marquise, Oval, and Pear. Order special handcrafted diamond studs that are custom made in the country, and sign up for newsletters to receive discount coupons and special savings promotions. Believing in making shopping simple and seamless for customers, and reducing their costs and passing on the savings to their customers, Diamond Studs provides the best value for money for every style of diamond studs that they sell. So choose to spend your money wisely at their diamond stud earrings sale where all jewelry purchases are shipped with a Certificate of Authenticity. Whether you choose to set your diamond stud earrings in the 4 prong basket, 3 prong basket, bezel or dangle setting in 14k White, Yellow or Rose, or 18k White or Yellow or in Platinum metal, you can pick the diamond quality and size according to your taste and budget.
Though the brand provides a free 30-day return and free exchange policy on their diamond and gemstone purchases, the company is confident and ensures that customers are happy with their selection of jewelry. It might sound unbelievable but one of the best features of purchasing beautiful diamond studs from this brand is their lifetime upgrade offer that lets customers exchange their jewelry to a product of greater value any time.
So enjoy a safe shopping experience with Diamond Studs that includes insured shipping too, along with many other happy and satisfied customers.
Redefine Your Looks with Brand New Contact LensesRead more
Eyes are the reflection of your thoughts. So why hide your beautiful eyes behind those clumsy glasses? Replace your glasses with brand new contact lenses and redefine your looks.
Why choose contact lenses over spectacles?
Contact lenses are thin lenses placed on the surface of the eyeballs to enhance one’s vision. There are many reasons which may compel you to switch from specs to contact lenses; some of them are stated below.
Reasons that may compel you to switch your focus to contact lenses:
– These are rather more effective than spectacles
– These are comfortable for drivers or sportspersons
– You may wear sunglasses or goggles along with contact lenses
– You need not carry another pair of therapeutic glasses along with you
– Contact lenses don’t collect moisture from the air on their surface; therefore, you need not clean them every now and then
– Contact lenses help treat certain eye problems like keratoconus and aniseikonia more effectively
Classification of contact lenses
Contact lenses are classified into different categories according to their usage, material that they are made up of, durability and replacement. The types of lenses according to usage have been listed below:
Vision corrective contact lenses
The vision-oriented lenses are carved to correct the refractive error. The lenses are designed differently to correct different types of vision disabilities. For example, spherical lenses treat myopia and hypermetropia, toric lenses treat astigmatism, varifocal lenses treat presbyopia etc.
These lenses have multiple focal points and are apt to treat presbyopia. Hence, you need not carry two different pairs of glasses to treat near and far vision disability
These are single-vision contact lenses which are used as a treatment for eye disability. If one of your eyes possesses vision disability and the other one functions well, you may use these lenses. You may also use them in case one of your eyes possesses distance vision disability and the other one possesses near vision disability.
These lenses are carved with different focal lengths according to your eye, to deal effectively with your eyes.
These lenses are designed to treat color blindness. Though not much effective, these lenses help people suffering from color blindness in differentiating between the colors. These lenses are also effective for those suffering from night blindness.
When differentiating on the basis of material, there are basically 3 types of lenses, viz.
These lenses were earlier made out of plexiglass and were harmful as they didn’t allow oxygen passage to the cornea, leading to several other eye diseases. Later the lenses material was modified into rigid gas permeable lenses.
Made up of water containing plastic material, these lenses are easy to wear and remove. They adjust easily in your eyes and even allow oxygen passage.
These are not very common and have recently been manufactured. It comprises of a rigid lens on the surface of a soft lens. This gives you the comfort of the soft lens and benefits of the rigid lens.
Different lenses on the basis of durability and replacement
Highly durable lenses can be used for a longer period while less-durable lenses must not be used for longer time. Some lenses allow continuous wearing and can be worn for even a month. Others allow extended wearing and need to be removed every night before sleeping. These lenses are cleaned using a special type of solution and are kept in a lens case.
The lenses must also be replaced after a certain time, to avoid eye problems or eye infections. The daily disposable lenses are for one-time use and must be disposed of after one use. Weekly disposable lenses must be disposed of every week. In the same way, the monthly disposable and quarterly disposable lenses must be disposed of every month. The non-disposable lenses can be used for a year or 1.5 years but not more than that.
How to choose right contact lenses for yourself?
It is better to consult a good ophthalmologist before choosing any lens for yourself. In case, you are buying a lens just to enhance your style with different colored eye lenses, get the right size and shape of the lens. Focus on the quality of material and other important aspects so as to avoid any kind of damage to your eyes.