Kidney cysts are pouches or sacs that consists of fluids and are usually located on the surface on kidneys. Simple cysts and polycystic kidney disease (PKD) are its two forms. PKD requires immediate medical intervention under all circumstances as they can severely influence the kidney functions and even lead to kidney failure if left untreated. On the other hand, simple cysts are typically harmless, but if they grow, they might cause some bothersome symptoms that need prompt attention.
After getting appropriate kidney cyst treatments, there is a chance that the condition might occur again. Therefore self-management for this condition is equally imperative. Here are some tips that can help you avert the episodes of kidney cysts from occurring again.
- Get hydrated Having plenty of water will aid the kidneys to function properly. Based on your body weight, ensure to have sufficient amounts of hydrating fluids. This will assist in the proper elimination of toxins from the kidneys. Avoid having excessive alcohol and caffeine to avoid dehydration.
- Diet Consume a diet that is packed with fresh fruits and vegetables. The high intake of nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, etc. can improve your kidney functions as well as strengthen your overall immunity. Similarly, ensure that you monitor the protein intake in your food regime. This is because proteins can make the kidneys to work harder. This ends up straining the recovering organ and can hamper its improvement. Have a word with your specialist to figure out the best type of nutritional intake to minimize the stress on kidneys.
- Herbal teas Sipping herbal teas now and then can help soothe your kidneys by expelling toxins. Consider chamomile, dandelion root, marshmallow, corn silk, nettle leaf teas for enhanced kidney functions. You can have two to three cups daily basis.
- Quit smoking Probably the worst form of habit, smoking can stress the kidneys but augmenting the level of toxins in the body. If the kidneys are unable to eliminate these successfully, then they will aggravate the cystic condition. So, refrain from smoking as it will only have positive effects in the long run.
- Workout Some form of physical movement can energize the body organs to function better, as it helps burn fats and reduces the pressure on the kidneys. Ensure that you exercise daily at least for at least 30 minutes. You can try activities like brisk walking, cycling, swimming, simple stretching, jogging, etc. However, if you are recovering from recent kidney cyst treatments then seek permission and advice from your doctor for the best forms of physical practices.
3 easy-to-make flavored iced coffee recipes for a cool summerRead more
As soon as summer and spring descend, it’s time to whip up the seasonal beverages that will keep you cool. Iced tea and flavored iced coffee are two of the most popular beverages during this time; they give you your caffeine fix as well as a respite from the heat outside.
It’s true that your local barista or the popular coffee chain in the neighborhood will have some of the fanciest-looking flavored iced coffees in their menu, but when you break down the basics, most of these can be easily made at home. Whether you want a light vanilla-flavored iced coffee or something more dessert-like with a nice topping, you can try your hand at these delectable flavored iced coffee recipes at home:
- Vanilla-flavored iced coffee: This is one of the simplest flavored iced coffee recipes. For this, you will need a cup of ground coffee, 4 vanilla beans that are split lengthwise, a cup of milk, ¼ cup of sugar, and a few ice cubes. Mix the ground coffee with 4 cups of water. Cover it and let the coffee stand overnight or for 12 hours at room temperature. Mix the vanilla beans, sugar, and milk in a saucepan and let the mixture simmer over medium heat. Let it stand and steep for 20 minutes. Strain the coffee into a bowl through a fine-mesh sieve. Through a coffee filter, strain the coffee again into a large pitcher. Fill four tumblers with ice cubes, pour coffee till one inch of the rim, and then pour the vanilla-flavored milk.
- Chocolate-flavored iced coffee: This chocolate-flavored iced coffee has a sweetish taste to it. This recipe calls for a cup each of fat-free milk and boiling water, 4 teaspoons each of instant coffee granules, chocolate syrup, and sugar, 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and a few ice cubes. Dissolve the coffee in the water in a large bowl. Add and stir well the rest of the ingredients. Serve this flavored coffee over the ice cubes. You can top it off with a couple of scoops of vanilla ice-cream.
- Thai iced coffee: Although the name has an exotic touch to it, this flavored iced coffee is quite easy to make. The ingredients required are a cup each of ground coffee and sweetened condensed milk and ¾ cup of milk. Make four cups of strong coffee by brewing the coffee in four cups of water in a coffee machine. Chill the brewed coffee in the refrigerator. Mix both the varieties of milk in a small bowl until a smooth consistency and chill the milk. While serving, pour the coffee in four tumblers filled with ice cubes and top them off with the chilled milk.
Five benefits of using rowing machinesRead more
More and more people are waking up to the importance of fitness in their daily routine because the obesity rate in the country is increasing alarmingly. Fitness no longer takes a backseat when it comes to healthy living, and the proof is in the number of people signing up for gym sessions. However, gyms have multiple types of fitness equipment that work on specific parts of the body. The rowing machine is one such piece of fitness equipment that burns more calories as compared to running or cycling.
Here are a few known benefits of using the rowing machine.
Cycling and running will boost your cardiovascular activity, but rowing is specifically designed to keep your heart and lungs healthy. The rowing action helps pump more blood and fresh oxygen throughout your body while simultaneously burning calories faster than what you can achieve with running or cycling.
Complete body workout
Rowing is an exercise that engages most of the muscle groups in the body. It is one of the few fitness equipment that works on the upper back, shoulder, chest, arm muscles, lower quadriceps, glutes, calves, and hamstrings at the same time.
If you are looking to prepare yourself for sporting and athletic events, a rowing machine will help you increase your stamina and endurance. Working out on this fitness equipment helps burn calories, builds muscle mass, and enhances your strength training.
A broad range of movements
Many fitness equipment limit your body’s motions, thereby failing to engage vital muscle groups. A rowing machine, however, has a broad range of movements that tone your muscles. Vigorous rowing not only strengthens the muscles but if done correctly, also enhance your form.
Better resistance training
Resistance training helps you increase your muscle mass, metabolic rate, improve insulin sensitivity, prevent weight gain, and increase bone mineral content. A rowing machine mimics the continuous pull-and-push motion of rowing to increase resistance in the workout. Thus, this fitness equipment aids in the overall development of your upper and lower body muscles.