If the working conditions in our workplace would not be ideal for using commonly used computers, we need to go for rugged laptops that would sustain the harsh working conditions such as higher range of temperature, shocks and vibrations, dusty surroundings and spillage of water. However, we need to consider some important factors while selecting the most suited rugged laptop for our typical application and degree of harsh conditions.
- Location of use: It would be important to decide whether the laptop is going to be used indoor or for outdoor applications. In case if the utilization would be outdoor extensively; we would have limited number of brands that offer good quality sturdy laptops for outdoor use such as Motorola and Honeywell.
- Size of hands of the operator: People with bigger hands and subsequently bigger fingers or people that need to wear their gloves during the working hours need to choose the suitable size of the laptop as smaller laptops would be tedious for them to use due to small sized keys. Thus the hand size also matters while selecting the rugged laptop.
- Type of software required: This would be the personal choice of the operator using the laptop. If the operator might require referring to large sized documents such as maps or engineering drawings, the rugged laptop with touchscreen facilities on tab mode that can be used effectively for zooming and look into details of the drawings in every corner would be perfect.
- Industry standards: Users need to follow industry standards while using the rugged laptop so that the data collected from the device would comply with the industrial standards. This is to ensure that even when the operator would not be available, the important information from the laptop can be retrieved. The connectivity and security of the information should not be compromised.
- Suitable to support: The rugged laptop chosen for a particular person that would be part of an organization should get the necessary support from their subsequent IT department and the service department easily. The support should be cost-effective, user-friendly and easily available so that the rugged laptop would be maintained and retained deploying the skilled personal available at the organization. This would ensure productivity of the laptop and even the operating person. At the same time, it would save the downtime and expenses that may occur if specialized service from the authorized service center of the brand would be required now and then.
- Battery Life: This is an important factor to be considered as it determines the power required to fully charging the rugged laptop, the duration for which the laptop can be used once fully charged and overall power consumption of the rugged laptop.
Considering these various factors, we can choose the best suited rugged laptop for our particular application.
3 easy-to-make flavored iced coffee recipes for a cool summerRead more
As soon as summer and spring descend, it’s time to whip up the seasonal beverages that will keep you cool. Iced tea and flavored iced coffee are two of the most popular beverages during this time; they give you your caffeine fix as well as a respite from the heat outside.
It’s true that your local barista or the popular coffee chain in the neighborhood will have some of the fanciest-looking flavored iced coffees in their menu, but when you break down the basics, most of these can be easily made at home. Whether you want a light vanilla-flavored iced coffee or something more dessert-like with a nice topping, you can try your hand at these delectable flavored iced coffee recipes at home:
- Vanilla-flavored iced coffee: This is one of the simplest flavored iced coffee recipes. For this, you will need a cup of ground coffee, 4 vanilla beans that are split lengthwise, a cup of milk, ¼ cup of sugar, and a few ice cubes. Mix the ground coffee with 4 cups of water. Cover it and let the coffee stand overnight or for 12 hours at room temperature. Mix the vanilla beans, sugar, and milk in a saucepan and let the mixture simmer over medium heat. Let it stand and steep for 20 minutes. Strain the coffee into a bowl through a fine-mesh sieve. Through a coffee filter, strain the coffee again into a large pitcher. Fill four tumblers with ice cubes, pour coffee till one inch of the rim, and then pour the vanilla-flavored milk.
- Chocolate-flavored iced coffee: This chocolate-flavored iced coffee has a sweetish taste to it. This recipe calls for a cup each of fat-free milk and boiling water, 4 teaspoons each of instant coffee granules, chocolate syrup, and sugar, 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and a few ice cubes. Dissolve the coffee in the water in a large bowl. Add and stir well the rest of the ingredients. Serve this flavored coffee over the ice cubes. You can top it off with a couple of scoops of vanilla ice-cream.
- Thai iced coffee: Although the name has an exotic touch to it, this flavored iced coffee is quite easy to make. The ingredients required are a cup each of ground coffee and sweetened condensed milk and ¾ cup of milk. Make four cups of strong coffee by brewing the coffee in four cups of water in a coffee machine. Chill the brewed coffee in the refrigerator. Mix both the varieties of milk in a small bowl until a smooth consistency and chill the milk. While serving, pour the coffee in four tumblers filled with ice cubes and top them off with the chilled milk.
Five benefits of using rowing machinesRead more
More and more people are waking up to the importance of fitness in their daily routine because the obesity rate in the country is increasing alarmingly. Fitness no longer takes a backseat when it comes to healthy living, and the proof is in the number of people signing up for gym sessions. However, gyms have multiple types of fitness equipment that work on specific parts of the body. The rowing machine is one such piece of fitness equipment that burns more calories as compared to running or cycling.
Here are a few known benefits of using the rowing machine.
Cycling and running will boost your cardiovascular activity, but rowing is specifically designed to keep your heart and lungs healthy. The rowing action helps pump more blood and fresh oxygen throughout your body while simultaneously burning calories faster than what you can achieve with running or cycling.
Complete body workout
Rowing is an exercise that engages most of the muscle groups in the body. It is one of the few fitness equipment that works on the upper back, shoulder, chest, arm muscles, lower quadriceps, glutes, calves, and hamstrings at the same time.
If you are looking to prepare yourself for sporting and athletic events, a rowing machine will help you increase your stamina and endurance. Working out on this fitness equipment helps burn calories, builds muscle mass, and enhances your strength training.
A broad range of movements
Many fitness equipment limit your body’s motions, thereby failing to engage vital muscle groups. A rowing machine, however, has a broad range of movements that tone your muscles. Vigorous rowing not only strengthens the muscles but if done correctly, also enhance your form.
Better resistance training
Resistance training helps you increase your muscle mass, metabolic rate, improve insulin sensitivity, prevent weight gain, and increase bone mineral content. A rowing machine mimics the continuous pull-and-push motion of rowing to increase resistance in the workout. Thus, this fitness equipment aids in the overall development of your upper and lower body muscles.