Paying credit card interest on a huge amount of debt is the last thing you want to deal with at the end of the month. Although credit cards allow you to buy products and pay for services at a future date, the privilege does not come cheap. Often, it happens that you might get carried away and shop for more than what you can afford, ending up in a huge debt trap.
The debt has to be paid back within a stipulated time with interest. Failure to do so will affect your credit score and rating that will further affect your ability to borrow funds. A balance transfer is the only option at such a stage. You can convert your debt from a high-interest credit card to one that has no or minimum interest allowing you both time and opportunity to pay off debts at a future date.
Three key benefits of a balance transfer include a lower rate of interest, better credit terms, and efficient debt consolidation in the short term. However, you must also take into account the downside of a balance transfer as the temptation to consolidate debt time and time will spiral you into financial turmoil in future. A balance transfer is not always the cheapest option and you must keep an open mind to consider alternatives like borrowing from friends and family to pay off debt.
The best balance transfer credit cards to consolidate debt are issued only if you have a high credit score and a favorable rating. Your current credit score reflects your ability to pay off debts on time with all interest and dues.
If you are still keen on option for the best credit cards that transfer the balance of the debt, here are a few popular choices.
Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card
One of the best credit cards that transfer the balance of debt for a favorable period of 21 months at 0% APR. You will also enjoy 0% interest on purchases for the first 12 months. A variable APR will be applicable thereafter that ranges from 14.74% and 24.74% depending on your creditworthiness. There is no annual fee for the credit card but you will have to pay 5% balance transfer fee for each transaction with a $5 minimum mandatory.
Discover it® Balance Transfer Credit Card
An attractive 0% intro APR for a period of 18 months makes Discover it®one of the best credit cards that transfer the balance of debt to consolidate your finances. An ongoing variable APR will be applicable in the range of 13.74% and 24.74% on purchase and all debt. Discover It charges a meager 3% fee for every balance transfer and there are no annual fees for the credit card.
Blue Cash Preferred® Card
American Express comes to your rescue with the Blue Cash Preferred® Card, another option for a balance transfer. Note that in comparison to some of the best credit cards that transfer the balance of your debt for more than 18 months, Blue Cash gives you only 12 months. Blue Cash Preferred® Card entails a variable APR in the range of 14.74% and 25.74% after the introductory period is over. Moreover, a 3% balance transfer fee is applicable to the transaction with a minimum $5 mandatory. One of the major drawbacks of Blue Cash Preferred® Card is a hefty $95 annual fee.
BankAmericard® Credit Card
An affordable alternative as BankAmericard® has low upfront costs in comparison to some of the best credit cards that transfer the balance to consolidate your financials. The introductory 0% balance transfer is applicable only for the first 15 billing cycles thereafter which a variable APR in the range of 14.74% and 24.74% is applicable on the amount. The balance transfer fee on an individual transaction is 3% of the amount with a minimum $10 mandatory, whichever is greater. You don’t have to pay any annual fees for the credit card.
Buying small kitchen appliances from CostcoRead more
Costco is a great place to buy appliances. They carry a good selection of electronics, home appliances, and kitchen gadgets. But is Costco the place to shop for small kitchen appliances when there are countless retail and web stores carrying the same products? Let us find out.
Costco is known for its discounts. The reason its customers pay for their annual membership is that shopping at Costco helps them save money. This is despite their membership payments, which can range from $55 to $110.
- If you want to buy new kitchen appliances, it can be worth your while to check the deals at Costco. Generally, Costco stores do not carry all the brands of electronics and appliances. But whatever they carry comes with great discount deals.
- If you have a brand in mind for your small kitchen appliance, Costco is probably the best place to buy it. For instance, if you wish to purchase a Costco Ninja blender, you can get this premium product at the lowest price possible in the market. To verify, you can compare the prices of your preferred brands at online and brick-and-mortar stores. Once you are sure that Costco offers the best prices on small kitchen appliances, you can benefit from the store’s discount deals.
Buying small kitchen appliances from Costco can mean benefiting from other offers and services also.
- Costco offers extended warranty on many appliances. So, if you purchase a Costco Ninja blender and there is an offer of extended warranty on it, you get extra peace of mind when using your appliance.
- At Costco, appliance shopping can be rewarding not only in terms of discounts but also satisfaction. There are trained and skilled salespeople at Costco stores to guide customers to make the best decisions about appliance purchases. After all, you don’t keep buying new kitchen appliance for the same application every few months until it has broken or stopped functioning properly. A good quality kitchen appliance can cost a lot of money. Therefore, it helps to get proper assistance from sales personnel at these stores. So, if you are buying a Costco Ninja blender, you can compare all models of Ninja blenders and also with other brands to make your buying choice. This way, you can easily see what you are paying for. For instance, you can confirm if the small jars with the blender is worth the product price or not.
- You can also easily avail appliance repair services at Costco. Members can avail discounts on repair parts and services. This is a major benefit of buying from Costco as repairs for kitchen appliances can often cost a great deal and, at times, not even worth it.
So, whether you are buying a small item like a Costco Ninja blender or a big kitchen appliance like a refrigerator, it can be beneficial for you to shop from a Costco warehouse.
Easy ways to keep your blood glucose in controlRead more
In order to lead a healthy life, it is essential that one must maintain a blood glucose level that is always in control. Blood glucose is a type of sugar that is essential to keep you body energetic; however, too much or too less can cause harm. High blood glucose comes with various threats attached to your kidneys, eyes, nerves, etc.
Keeping blood glucose levels consistent and in control can be a task, especially with the lifestyle changes that one goes through in today’s time. Hormonal changes in women too can cause glucose levels to fluctuate. Although appropriate medication and advice from your physician is essential, here are a few daily self-care steps that will contribute in keeping your glucose levels on par with your active lifestyle.
Follow a healthy diet plan – This is the most important factor that will impact the glucose levels in your body. As the old saying goes “You are what you eat,” it also implies to blood glucose control. Ensure that you eat all your meals on time. Many people are into the habit of skipping breakfast, this can only push your glucose levels to highs. Skipping a meal comes with the threat of your blood glucose falling lower too, especially if you under medication or take insulin injections.
Go easy on those carbs – Carbohydrates are condemned for being the food nutrient that affects blood glucose levels the most. It is necessary to limit the intake of food such as white rice, pumpkin, white bread, etc. that are very high in carbohydrates.
Regular Exercise – Exercising is crucial, it only aids in a better functioning of every organ of your body. Activities such as swimming, walking, cycling, etc. help your body to efficiently process food. Try to sneak in small walks wherever you can, maybe during the lunch break at office. Make exercise a part of your day, even if it means a few minutes.
Quality sleep is a must – Sleeping for fewer hours or disrupted and poor sleep patterns can do more harm than you can comprehend. Hormone functioning becomes poor and insulin sensitivity is decreased. Sleeping for enough hours is essential, but this does not account for over sleeping. Either ways, irregular sleeping patterns can affect the level of blood glucose in your body.
Boost drinking water levels – Say goodbye to unhealthy sugar loaded beverages and hello to plenty of drinking water. It is necessary to keep the body well hydrated, especially since the increased glucose causes frequent urination. Water aids in keeping your body well hydrated.