Although cars are picked mainly for their performance, a family drive definitely requires a car that is not just reliable and user-friendly but also safe for commute whether it is the city roads or the highway. The Honda Civic has been awarded as the 2017 Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety since Honda has provided the safety sensing features as a standard installation in the Honda Civic series while other car manufacturers charge an exuberant additional cost for the same features. The Honda Civic has been a steady top-seller in the compact cars category daily due to its fuel efficiency, upscale interiors, and the safety parameters.
Crash tests conducted periodically on the Honda Civic has shown that both its usual sedan and newly launched sporty hatchback editions would be rated a full five stars in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s three crash tests (frontal, side, and rollover). The Civic had passed through all the mandatory safety criteria, the car was also noted as effectively well-equipped with crash avoidance and mitigation equipment. The safety features included in all the Honda Civic variants are – Driver/passenger/rear/side air bags, passenger air bag on/off switch, rear/side head and rear body airbags, 4-wheel ABS, ABS, 4-wheel disc/drum brakes, brake assist, electronic stability control, auto-on headlights, daytime running lights, child safety locks, integrated turning signal mirrors, night vision, adjustable pedals, rollover protection system, front/rear tow hooks, traction control, emergency trunk release, blind spot mirror, Auto-leveling headlights, and lane departure warning.
Although the concept of driver assistance and active safety features are new technological trials in the compact car class and these systems have been highly criticized for their efficiency, the Honda Civic has made these sensing safety features as its most notable development in the world of safe and collision-free driving, thereby boosting driver’s confidence levels. With the car equipped with protective lane driving and collision warning systems, a driver can navigate thoroughly and at ease when in traffic or on highways when cruising at high speeds. Most importantly, these features equip the car for minimal chances of rash driving or accidents through the use of cruise control which immediately warns a driver when he/she drifts of the lane is about to collide. Although a good and experienced driver would argue that these features are not effective, there is always the added advantage of making a person’s driving fool proof by providing technological aid with any level of experience in driving can never warn a driver in terms of the collision.
Buying small kitchen appliances from CostcoRead more
Costco is a great place to buy appliances. They carry a good selection of electronics, home appliances, and kitchen gadgets. But is Costco the place to shop for small kitchen appliances when there are countless retail and web stores carrying the same products? Let us find out.
Costco is known for its discounts. The reason its customers pay for their annual membership is that shopping at Costco helps them save money. This is despite their membership payments, which can range from $55 to $110.
- If you want to buy new kitchen appliances, it can be worth your while to check the deals at Costco. Generally, Costco stores do not carry all the brands of electronics and appliances. But whatever they carry comes with great discount deals.
- If you have a brand in mind for your small kitchen appliance, Costco is probably the best place to buy it. For instance, if you wish to purchase a Costco Ninja blender, you can get this premium product at the lowest price possible in the market. To verify, you can compare the prices of your preferred brands at online and brick-and-mortar stores. Once you are sure that Costco offers the best prices on small kitchen appliances, you can benefit from the store’s discount deals.
Buying small kitchen appliances from Costco can mean benefiting from other offers and services also.
- Costco offers extended warranty on many appliances. So, if you purchase a Costco Ninja blender and there is an offer of extended warranty on it, you get extra peace of mind when using your appliance.
- At Costco, appliance shopping can be rewarding not only in terms of discounts but also satisfaction. There are trained and skilled salespeople at Costco stores to guide customers to make the best decisions about appliance purchases. After all, you don’t keep buying new kitchen appliance for the same application every few months until it has broken or stopped functioning properly. A good quality kitchen appliance can cost a lot of money. Therefore, it helps to get proper assistance from sales personnel at these stores. So, if you are buying a Costco Ninja blender, you can compare all models of Ninja blenders and also with other brands to make your buying choice. This way, you can easily see what you are paying for. For instance, you can confirm if the small jars with the blender is worth the product price or not.
- You can also easily avail appliance repair services at Costco. Members can avail discounts on repair parts and services. This is a major benefit of buying from Costco as repairs for kitchen appliances can often cost a great deal and, at times, not even worth it.
So, whether you are buying a small item like a Costco Ninja blender or a big kitchen appliance like a refrigerator, it can be beneficial for you to shop from a Costco warehouse.
Easy ways to keep your blood glucose in controlRead more
In order to lead a healthy life, it is essential that one must maintain a blood glucose level that is always in control. Blood glucose is a type of sugar that is essential to keep you body energetic; however, too much or too less can cause harm. High blood glucose comes with various threats attached to your kidneys, eyes, nerves, etc.
Keeping blood glucose levels consistent and in control can be a task, especially with the lifestyle changes that one goes through in today’s time. Hormonal changes in women too can cause glucose levels to fluctuate. Although appropriate medication and advice from your physician is essential, here are a few daily self-care steps that will contribute in keeping your glucose levels on par with your active lifestyle.
Follow a healthy diet plan – This is the most important factor that will impact the glucose levels in your body. As the old saying goes “You are what you eat,” it also implies to blood glucose control. Ensure that you eat all your meals on time. Many people are into the habit of skipping breakfast, this can only push your glucose levels to highs. Skipping a meal comes with the threat of your blood glucose falling lower too, especially if you under medication or take insulin injections.
Go easy on those carbs – Carbohydrates are condemned for being the food nutrient that affects blood glucose levels the most. It is necessary to limit the intake of food such as white rice, pumpkin, white bread, etc. that are very high in carbohydrates.
Regular Exercise – Exercising is crucial, it only aids in a better functioning of every organ of your body. Activities such as swimming, walking, cycling, etc. help your body to efficiently process food. Try to sneak in small walks wherever you can, maybe during the lunch break at office. Make exercise a part of your day, even if it means a few minutes.
Quality sleep is a must – Sleeping for fewer hours or disrupted and poor sleep patterns can do more harm than you can comprehend. Hormone functioning becomes poor and insulin sensitivity is decreased. Sleeping for enough hours is essential, but this does not account for over sleeping. Either ways, irregular sleeping patterns can affect the level of blood glucose in your body.
Boost drinking water levels – Say goodbye to unhealthy sugar loaded beverages and hello to plenty of drinking water. It is necessary to keep the body well hydrated, especially since the increased glucose causes frequent urination. Water aids in keeping your body well hydrated.