There are hardly any mass-market automakers who have built so many all-around impressive vehicles as Honda. The brand has always ensured smooth driving, spacious and comfortable interiors, and increased fuel-efficiency in its cars. And Honda’s latest product, the 2020 Honda CR-V, which is now one of the automaker’s top-selling cars, stays true to the brand’s image. If you’re thinking about buying the 2020 Honda CR-V, here’s what you must know about it.
What’s new in the 2020 CR-V?
To put it simply, it’s fresh-faced and loaded with better features. The company is also offering a hybrid model equipped with a robust powertrain comprising a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and an electric motor. Also, Honda decided to drop the base 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine from its previous models for a turbocharged 1.5-liter engine, which is now a standard across all non-hybrid CR-Vs.
The latest model features the Honda Sensing® Suite in all trim variants. This is the brand’s practical suite of high-end driver-assistance technologies that includes collision mitigation braking, lane-keeping assist, and adaptive cruise control. Plus, the 2020 Honda CR-V has some styling improvement as compared to its previous model.
The 2020 CR-V is available in standard and hybrid models, and both models have four trim levels to choose from: LX, Hybrid LX, EX, Hybrid EX, EX-L, Hybrid EX-L, Touring, and Hybrid Touring. The mid-range EX trim is a popular choice since it is equipped with some important features that buyers need. This includes the 7.0 touchscreen that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, dual-zone automatic climate control system, heated front seats, and a 12-way power-adjustable driver’s seat. All trim variants are available in both two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive configurations.
Engine, transmission, and performance
Honda equipped all the non-hybrids models of the 2020 Honda CR-V with the turbocharged 1.5-liter engine. This 4-cylinder engine produces a powerful 190 hp and generates 179 lb-ft of torque. Whether you’re driving in traffic-jammed city streets or speeding through isolated roads in the country, the engine performs its best. On the other hand, the CR-V hybrid models are powered by a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and an electric motor. Continuously variable automatic transmission delivers quick acceleration and great efficiency across all the hybrid trim variants.
Infotainment and connectivity
The car now supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, so you can plug in your iOS or Android device to navigate, send or receive messages, and access your music library, all through its touchscreen display. You can also connect your mobile devices with the HondaLink app, which makes it easier to get vehicle notifications and schedule service appointments for your 2020 Honda CR-V.
Enjoy your favorite music while driving with its powerful 330-watt, 9-speaker premium audio system with a subwoofer. It outputs crisp, high-quality sound that will keep you entertained on the road. You can access all the music, podcasts, talk shows, and audiobooks with the 7-inch Display Audio touchscreen.
Buying small kitchen appliances from CostcoRead more
Costco is a great place to buy appliances. They carry a good selection of electronics, home appliances, and kitchen gadgets. But is Costco the place to shop for small kitchen appliances when there are countless retail and web stores carrying the same products? Let us find out.
Costco is known for its discounts. The reason its customers pay for their annual membership is that shopping at Costco helps them save money. This is despite their membership payments, which can range from $55 to $110.
- If you want to buy new kitchen appliances, it can be worth your while to check the deals at Costco. Generally, Costco stores do not carry all the brands of electronics and appliances. But whatever they carry comes with great discount deals.
- If you have a brand in mind for your small kitchen appliance, Costco is probably the best place to buy it. For instance, if you wish to purchase a Costco Ninja blender, you can get this premium product at the lowest price possible in the market. To verify, you can compare the prices of your preferred brands at online and brick-and-mortar stores. Once you are sure that Costco offers the best prices on small kitchen appliances, you can benefit from the store’s discount deals.
Buying small kitchen appliances from Costco can mean benefiting from other offers and services also.
- Costco offers extended warranty on many appliances. So, if you purchase a Costco Ninja blender and there is an offer of extended warranty on it, you get extra peace of mind when using your appliance.
- At Costco, appliance shopping can be rewarding not only in terms of discounts but also satisfaction. There are trained and skilled salespeople at Costco stores to guide customers to make the best decisions about appliance purchases. After all, you don’t keep buying new kitchen appliance for the same application every few months until it has broken or stopped functioning properly. A good quality kitchen appliance can cost a lot of money. Therefore, it helps to get proper assistance from sales personnel at these stores. So, if you are buying a Costco Ninja blender, you can compare all models of Ninja blenders and also with other brands to make your buying choice. This way, you can easily see what you are paying for. For instance, you can confirm if the small jars with the blender is worth the product price or not.
- You can also easily avail appliance repair services at Costco. Members can avail discounts on repair parts and services. This is a major benefit of buying from Costco as repairs for kitchen appliances can often cost a great deal and, at times, not even worth it.
So, whether you are buying a small item like a Costco Ninja blender or a big kitchen appliance like a refrigerator, it can be beneficial for you to shop from a Costco warehouse.
Easy ways to keep your blood glucose in controlRead more
In order to lead a healthy life, it is essential that one must maintain a blood glucose level that is always in control. Blood glucose is a type of sugar that is essential to keep you body energetic; however, too much or too less can cause harm. High blood glucose comes with various threats attached to your kidneys, eyes, nerves, etc.
Keeping blood glucose levels consistent and in control can be a task, especially with the lifestyle changes that one goes through in today’s time. Hormonal changes in women too can cause glucose levels to fluctuate. Although appropriate medication and advice from your physician is essential, here are a few daily self-care steps that will contribute in keeping your glucose levels on par with your active lifestyle.
Follow a healthy diet plan – This is the most important factor that will impact the glucose levels in your body. As the old saying goes “You are what you eat,” it also implies to blood glucose control. Ensure that you eat all your meals on time. Many people are into the habit of skipping breakfast, this can only push your glucose levels to highs. Skipping a meal comes with the threat of your blood glucose falling lower too, especially if you under medication or take insulin injections.
Go easy on those carbs – Carbohydrates are condemned for being the food nutrient that affects blood glucose levels the most. It is necessary to limit the intake of food such as white rice, pumpkin, white bread, etc. that are very high in carbohydrates.
Regular Exercise – Exercising is crucial, it only aids in a better functioning of every organ of your body. Activities such as swimming, walking, cycling, etc. help your body to efficiently process food. Try to sneak in small walks wherever you can, maybe during the lunch break at office. Make exercise a part of your day, even if it means a few minutes.
Quality sleep is a must – Sleeping for fewer hours or disrupted and poor sleep patterns can do more harm than you can comprehend. Hormone functioning becomes poor and insulin sensitivity is decreased. Sleeping for enough hours is essential, but this does not account for over sleeping. Either ways, irregular sleeping patterns can affect the level of blood glucose in your body.
Boost drinking water levels – Say goodbye to unhealthy sugar loaded beverages and hello to plenty of drinking water. It is necessary to keep the body well hydrated, especially since the increased glucose causes frequent urination. Water aids in keeping your body well hydrated.