Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a neurological disorder that causes “tingly,” “itchy,” and “pins and needles” sensations in the legs. The symptoms of RLS typically occur when a person is resting, sleeping, or sitting. Most of the times, it occurs at night. If you’d like to know how to stop RLS immediately, here is a list of some effective tips.
- Massaging the legs can give some sort of relief. In the evening, you can take a hot bath. Also, applying a cold and hot compress to the leg muscles will be helpful.
- Various medical studies on how to stop RLS immediately reflect the fact that diverting or distracting your mind can help to deal with it. Keep yourself engaged in some activities like watching television or reading a book.
- If you are suffering from RLS disorder, tai chi and yoga can be of great help. Make walking a part of your daily routine. Also, stretching your legs before sleeping is a good idea.
- As per different medical research reports on how to stop RLS immediately, a few changes in your diet may be effective. Try to have your dinner early and avoid strong or stimulating foods.
- Take control of your alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine intake. Avoiding these would be the best option. If that is too much, try not to consume any of these at least for several hours before you are off to bed.
- Spinach, kale, and asparagus are rich in nutrient folic acid that is not only good for health but also aid in dealing with RLS. Hence, it is advisable to add more such foods that include the above-mentioned ingredients.
- Vitamin B complex supplements, iron supplements, calcium, and folic acid supplements, easily available in the market, often help in curing RLS disorder. However, remember to consult a healthcare professional before you start having these supplements.
- The most important tip is to drink enough water. When you do not drink sufficient water, you may get dehydrated and this, in turn, aggravates RLS. Apart from water, you can also have a few cups of decaffeinated tea during the day.
These are some of the tips on how to stop RLS immediately. Other than the aforementioned relief methods, some herbal and pharmaceutical medications are available in the market. However, it is advisable to consult a medical expert before taking any medication.
Your guide to getting FHA loan approvalsRead more
A Federal Housing Administration (FHA) loan is a type of mortgage which is insured by the FHA and is considered one of the most affordable and fastest loans to procure.
Simply put, the borrower needs to be approved by the FHA to get this loan. You may then look for different mortgage rates with different FHA-approved lenders. There are plenty of portals which may help you get fast quotes and you may subsequently take the process ahead with any lender whose rates you have found affordable.
Important guidelines to get an FHA loan approval
Discussed below are a few important aspects to keep in mind while applying for an FHA loan.
The credit score requirement to get an FHA loan approval is not stringent. The minimum eligible credit score for the same is 580. Even if you do not have a credit history, your lender will need to evaluate your eligibility, based on a non-traditional merged credit. Some borrowers may require a score of 640-680 to be eligible for this loan.
While this is a guideline set, many lenders also give a loan to people with a credit score of at least 500.
Debt to income ratio
The debt to income ratio is a critical guideline followed by lenders to evaluate the eligibility of a borrower. It is a way in which lenders (even mortgage lenders) calculate a borrower’s ability to repay the debts, considering their regular incomes. The acceptable limit of this ratio is 31:43 to get an FHA loan approval.
Even though getting an approval for an FHA loan seems fairly easy, the real challenge arises in getting two types of mortgage insurances as prerequisites. One insurance needs to be paid fully while the other has to have a provision of being paid in monthly installments.
The minimum down payment required for an FHA loan approval is 3.5%. While the standard rate for down payment runs at 20%, the 3.5% comes as a great relief for borrowers who cannot afford such a high amount.
Other important areas
A lender will look into your employment history, lawful residency in the US, as well as a valid Social Security number (SSN). You would also require to have an appraisal for the property from a verified FHA-approved appraiser.
The other requirements differ from lender to lender, and it is always advisable to gather full information about your verified FHA loan lender before applying for a loan.
3 ways SMA patients and caregivers can maintain a healthy relationshipRead more
The relationship between a person diagnosed with spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) and their caregiver is a two-way street. It is important to remember that both the patient and caregiver have their individual needs that should be communicated clearly. Irrespective of whether the primary caregiver is a parent, friend, or someone who has been hired to take care of the SMA patient, there are a few important things to consider for a healthy relationship between them. Below are three tips for SMA patients to maintain a healthy relationship with their caregivers-
- Informing the caregiver in advance about any schedule changes
SMA patients should remember that their caregivers, whether family, friends or professional caregivers, have their own schedules and needs. One needs to ensure that they don’t make any last-minute changes without informing the caregiver well in advance. A caregiver plans everything according to the SMA patient’s schedule, and any sudden changes might cause problems with the caregiver’s schedule and routine. It is important to remember that the caregiver is likely to have other jobs, people to meet, and other personal errands of their own. Hence, it is essential to inform the caregiver in advance if there are any changes to one’s schedule.
- Conveying one’s needs clearly
If an SMA patient is hiring someone through an agency or via the Internet, it is vital to know that the caregiver has probably had clients with a wide range of needs, levels of independence, and abilities. Hence, it is necessary for the patient to inform the caregiver about what their specific needs are, what tasks they can do, and what tasks they cannot perform. The best way that a caregiver will be able to help a patient properly and cater to all their needs is by just communicating with them. If one is used to doing certain things in a particular manner, let the caregiver know that beforehand so that they are able to do their job thoroughly by keeping their patient’s needs in mind.
- It is okay to have disagreements with the caregiver
When the caregiver is a friend or family member, fights and arguments are inevitable. However, when one has a fight, a confusion, a misunderstanding, or whether there is a simple disagreement with one’s caregiver, one needs to ensure that this tension does not last. It is important to communicate openly and work together towards solving the problem.
- Informing the caregiver in advance about any schedule changes