With climate change taking over the globe, human beings collectively need to prioritize leading cleaner and greener lives. Along with avoiding plastic, recycling, and upcycling goods, we also need to stop consuming non-renewable resources such as fuels. For this purpose, as a start, we need to switch to electric vehicles over those powered by petrol or diesel. So, if you want to do your bit to save the planet, here are some of the best electric cars in the market.
There’s no denying that BMW makes some of the best cars on the market, from the design to the engine, their unique style is applauded among avid car enthusiasts. It then makes sense that they’d also have one of the slickest electric cars. In 2019, they released the BMW i3 with a whopping price tag, promising it would be worth it. It is a compact hatchback that makes for a perfect hybrid of luxury and functionality with heated front seats, parking sensors, auto windshield wipers, and a 6.5-inch touch screen. With an estimate of 153 miles on a full charge, the fancy car also comes with keyless entry and automatic headlights.
Mercedes Benz B-Class
Another powerhouse in the auto industry is Mercedes with its 2017 Mercedes Benz B-Class electric car. The midsized vehicle is suited for a family of five. It perfectly combines an everyday vehicle with electric power that can travel an estimated 87 miles on a full charge. It comes with extra features such as cruise control, forward collision mitigation, and even Bluetooth® and audio connectivity along with the Mercedes COMMAND™ interface. The electric vehicle also comes with 17.7 cubic feet of cargo or storage area in the rear, which makes this perfect for local grocery trips.
Ford Focus Electric
The Ford Focus Electric comes with a ton of features that combine luxury with eco-friendliness. With an estimated run of 118 miles on a full charge, this car is one of the most efficient electric vehicles on this list. It also comes with a whole bunch of other tech features such as heated seats and steering wheel, an eight-inch touch screen with the Ford SYNC® infotainment system, and a Sony® sound system with 10 speakers.
A hatchback that combines style with practicality, the Nissan LEAF does not disappoint on any level. With an estimate of 150 miles on a full charge, the electric car provides for a smooth traveling experience with a capacity of four passengers and twenty-four cubic feet cargo in the back. The latest model comes with a panorama of features such as keyless entry and keyless ignition, automatic climate control (2019 model), a forward-collision warning system along with automatic emergency braking, NissanConnect® connectivity, and remote access system, along with Apple CarPlay. The older models come with rearview cameras, Bluetooth® connectivity, and even a five-inch display.
Buying small kitchen appliances from CostcoRead more
Costco is a great place to buy appliances. They carry a good selection of electronics, home appliances, and kitchen gadgets. But is Costco the place to shop for small kitchen appliances when there are countless retail and web stores carrying the same products? Let us find out.
Costco is known for its discounts. The reason its customers pay for their annual membership is that shopping at Costco helps them save money. This is despite their membership payments, which can range from $55 to $110.
- If you want to buy new kitchen appliances, it can be worth your while to check the deals at Costco. Generally, Costco stores do not carry all the brands of electronics and appliances. But whatever they carry comes with great discount deals.
- If you have a brand in mind for your small kitchen appliance, Costco is probably the best place to buy it. For instance, if you wish to purchase a Costco Ninja blender, you can get this premium product at the lowest price possible in the market. To verify, you can compare the prices of your preferred brands at online and brick-and-mortar stores. Once you are sure that Costco offers the best prices on small kitchen appliances, you can benefit from the store’s discount deals.
Buying small kitchen appliances from Costco can mean benefiting from other offers and services also.
- Costco offers extended warranty on many appliances. So, if you purchase a Costco Ninja blender and there is an offer of extended warranty on it, you get extra peace of mind when using your appliance.
- At Costco, appliance shopping can be rewarding not only in terms of discounts but also satisfaction. There are trained and skilled salespeople at Costco stores to guide customers to make the best decisions about appliance purchases. After all, you don’t keep buying new kitchen appliance for the same application every few months until it has broken or stopped functioning properly. A good quality kitchen appliance can cost a lot of money. Therefore, it helps to get proper assistance from sales personnel at these stores. So, if you are buying a Costco Ninja blender, you can compare all models of Ninja blenders and also with other brands to make your buying choice. This way, you can easily see what you are paying for. For instance, you can confirm if the small jars with the blender is worth the product price or not.
- You can also easily avail appliance repair services at Costco. Members can avail discounts on repair parts and services. This is a major benefit of buying from Costco as repairs for kitchen appliances can often cost a great deal and, at times, not even worth it.
So, whether you are buying a small item like a Costco Ninja blender or a big kitchen appliance like a refrigerator, it can be beneficial for you to shop from a Costco warehouse.
Easy ways to keep your blood glucose in controlRead more
In order to lead a healthy life, it is essential that one must maintain a blood glucose level that is always in control. Blood glucose is a type of sugar that is essential to keep you body energetic; however, too much or too less can cause harm. High blood glucose comes with various threats attached to your kidneys, eyes, nerves, etc.
Keeping blood glucose levels consistent and in control can be a task, especially with the lifestyle changes that one goes through in today’s time. Hormonal changes in women too can cause glucose levels to fluctuate. Although appropriate medication and advice from your physician is essential, here are a few daily self-care steps that will contribute in keeping your glucose levels on par with your active lifestyle.
Follow a healthy diet plan – This is the most important factor that will impact the glucose levels in your body. As the old saying goes “You are what you eat,” it also implies to blood glucose control. Ensure that you eat all your meals on time. Many people are into the habit of skipping breakfast, this can only push your glucose levels to highs. Skipping a meal comes with the threat of your blood glucose falling lower too, especially if you under medication or take insulin injections.
Go easy on those carbs – Carbohydrates are condemned for being the food nutrient that affects blood glucose levels the most. It is necessary to limit the intake of food such as white rice, pumpkin, white bread, etc. that are very high in carbohydrates.
Regular Exercise – Exercising is crucial, it only aids in a better functioning of every organ of your body. Activities such as swimming, walking, cycling, etc. help your body to efficiently process food. Try to sneak in small walks wherever you can, maybe during the lunch break at office. Make exercise a part of your day, even if it means a few minutes.
Quality sleep is a must – Sleeping for fewer hours or disrupted and poor sleep patterns can do more harm than you can comprehend. Hormone functioning becomes poor and insulin sensitivity is decreased. Sleeping for enough hours is essential, but this does not account for over sleeping. Either ways, irregular sleeping patterns can affect the level of blood glucose in your body.
Boost drinking water levels – Say goodbye to unhealthy sugar loaded beverages and hello to plenty of drinking water. It is necessary to keep the body well hydrated, especially since the increased glucose causes frequent urination. Water aids in keeping your body well hydrated.