No one can deny that shopping and women have always been the best of friends. In fact, shopping is even therapeutic to a certain extent. Be it a teenage student or a professional woman in her golden years, shopping can make a person’s day and is one of the most cherished activities for women.Shopping is fun, regardless of whether you are shopping for a pair of pajamas or you are shopping for an evening gown for a special occasion.
But when it comes to shopping for casual dresses that women over 60 can wear, the choice platter tends to narrow down a bit. When one is aged beyond 60, the definition of fashion changes to a whole new magnitude. The concept of style then becomes finding the perfect balance between feeling your best more than looking your best.
So, as summer will be approaching, the summer fashion and colors are officially in online and retail stores. You will find a variety of colors and styles for the season. And at 60, you can be stylish as well. Different fashion styles and ideas can have magical effects on your personality at this age. Here are some ideas on casual dresses for women over 60, especially to get along the season:
- Pants and tights- The summers can be hot, so sporting a look that soothes your skin is essential. Casual dresses for women over 60 can be well equipped with pants that are flowy like palazzo pants that will enable the air to pass and also facilitate mobility. Tights can also be a good option if you can select ones that are made of a breathable material.
- Loose fitted baggy jeans – You can try and find the right pair of jeans for your age and figure to step out in style. High-waist and baggy mom jeans are the ideal summer dresses women over 60 like. They can be the ultimate comfort clothes, and you can choose the fit according to your personal preference. With loose jeans and a white tunic, you can rock a summer weekend look.
- Casual dresses – Summers can never be complete without casual dresses for women over 60. These dresses can be of light pastel shades of summer colors like green, yellow, pink, red and other such vibrant hues. These dresses not only look feminine, but also are a perfect blend of beauty and comfort.
- Sundresses Women Over 60 prefer- Rock the sunny days with a classic sundress. Typically, sundresses are informal, casual dresses which are made of a fabric that is lightweight, most commonly cotton, and usually loose-fitting. Normally, summer dresses are sleeveless, with thin shoulder straps and wide neckline. A sundress is not worn over a blouse. It is worn without a layering top, and the look that the dress gives is just fantastic. But if you are not comfortable wearing a strapless dress, then you can layer it with a button down shirt and complete the look.
- Tunic tops- Tunic tops work best for women of all age. They are the epitome of comfortable clothes.You can wear it with different leggings and stretch jeans. They go best to hide the belly that women frequently complain about at this age. Not necessarily baggy, but an A-line would be perfect. They are very comfy and are great for summer outfits.
Summers are warm and perfect for frequent outdoor trips, and with the comfortable attire, you can make the most of the season. So, revamp your wardrobe and get set for the nearing summer with clear skies and sunny days ahead. Let age not be a constraint for you to enjoy your life to the fullest!
Your guide to getting FHA loan approvalsRead more
A Federal Housing Administration (FHA) loan is a type of mortgage which is insured by the FHA and is considered one of the most affordable and fastest loans to procure.
Simply put, the borrower needs to be approved by the FHA to get this loan. You may then look for different mortgage rates with different FHA-approved lenders. There are plenty of portals which may help you get fast quotes and you may subsequently take the process ahead with any lender whose rates you have found affordable.
Important guidelines to get an FHA loan approval
Discussed below are a few important aspects to keep in mind while applying for an FHA loan.
The credit score requirement to get an FHA loan approval is not stringent. The minimum eligible credit score for the same is 580. Even if you do not have a credit history, your lender will need to evaluate your eligibility, based on a non-traditional merged credit. Some borrowers may require a score of 640-680 to be eligible for this loan.
While this is a guideline set, many lenders also give a loan to people with a credit score of at least 500.
Debt to income ratio
The debt to income ratio is a critical guideline followed by lenders to evaluate the eligibility of a borrower. It is a way in which lenders (even mortgage lenders) calculate a borrower’s ability to repay the debts, considering their regular incomes. The acceptable limit of this ratio is 31:43 to get an FHA loan approval.
Even though getting an approval for an FHA loan seems fairly easy, the real challenge arises in getting two types of mortgage insurances as prerequisites. One insurance needs to be paid fully while the other has to have a provision of being paid in monthly installments.
The minimum down payment required for an FHA loan approval is 3.5%. While the standard rate for down payment runs at 20%, the 3.5% comes as a great relief for borrowers who cannot afford such a high amount.
Other important areas
A lender will look into your employment history, lawful residency in the US, as well as a valid Social Security number (SSN). You would also require to have an appraisal for the property from a verified FHA-approved appraiser.
The other requirements differ from lender to lender, and it is always advisable to gather full information about your verified FHA loan lender before applying for a loan.
3 ways SMA patients and caregivers can maintain a healthy relationshipRead more
The relationship between a person diagnosed with spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) and their caregiver is a two-way street. It is important to remember that both the patient and caregiver have their individual needs that should be communicated clearly. Irrespective of whether the primary caregiver is a parent, friend, or someone who has been hired to take care of the SMA patient, there are a few important things to consider for a healthy relationship between them. Below are three tips for SMA patients to maintain a healthy relationship with their caregivers-
- Informing the caregiver in advance about any schedule changes
SMA patients should remember that their caregivers, whether family, friends or professional caregivers, have their own schedules and needs. One needs to ensure that they don’t make any last-minute changes without informing the caregiver well in advance. A caregiver plans everything according to the SMA patient’s schedule, and any sudden changes might cause problems with the caregiver’s schedule and routine. It is important to remember that the caregiver is likely to have other jobs, people to meet, and other personal errands of their own. Hence, it is essential to inform the caregiver in advance if there are any changes to one’s schedule.
- Conveying one’s needs clearly
If an SMA patient is hiring someone through an agency or via the Internet, it is vital to know that the caregiver has probably had clients with a wide range of needs, levels of independence, and abilities. Hence, it is necessary for the patient to inform the caregiver about what their specific needs are, what tasks they can do, and what tasks they cannot perform. The best way that a caregiver will be able to help a patient properly and cater to all their needs is by just communicating with them. If one is used to doing certain things in a particular manner, let the caregiver know that beforehand so that they are able to do their job thoroughly by keeping their patient’s needs in mind.
- It is okay to have disagreements with the caregiver
When the caregiver is a friend or family member, fights and arguments are inevitable. However, when one has a fight, a confusion, a misunderstanding, or whether there is a simple disagreement with one’s caregiver, one needs to ensure that this tension does not last. It is important to communicate openly and work together towards solving the problem.
- Informing the caregiver in advance about any schedule changes