Blepharitis is an inflammation that causes a burning sensation and itchiness in the eyelids. The causes of blepharitis include allergies, infections, insect bites and more. An individual who suffers from blepharitis tends to feel irritation in the eyes that is commonly accompanied with swelling crusting of the eyelids. While the causes of blepharitis cannot be controlled, maintaining the right kind of hygiene is essential.
Blepharitis is not a serious eye condition and does not cause life-threatening damage. However, the symptoms can cause blurry vision and other complications that can disrupt one’s lifestyle. Treating the condition and addressing the causes of blepharitis is essential. Here are a few home remedies and self-care tips that will help in getting rid of blepharitis.
Warm compress – Warm compresses are extremely effective in the treatment of blepharitis.It helps in loosening up the debris that is formed around the eyelashes. Moreover, the heat from the compress aids in improving circulation blood around the eyes and this quickens the process of healing.
Fatty fish – Fish foods like tuna and salmon are high in omega-3 fatty acids. These acids help in easing the inflammation that is caused by the symptoms of blepharitis. It also improves the functioning of the meibomian glands, these are the glands that are responsible for the effective lubrication of the eyelids.
Castor oil – Castor oil is lauded for its many health and beauty benefits. The oil contains ricinoleic acid that helps in relieving the itching and pain caused by blepharitis. Wash your eyes with clear water and pat them dry. Soak a cotton swab in castor oil and apply this compress over the eyelids. Wash the oil thoroughly after a while. Repeat this action daily at least for a few days.
Honey – Honey is packed with antibacterial and antifungal properties. Applying honey on the eyelids and letting it stay for a while will bring ease to the inflamed eyes and fight bacteria. It kills an infection, one of the major causes of blepharitis.
The eyes become extremely itchy and it is obvious that one will find the urge to scratch and rub the eyes. However, the friction caused by the eyes will aggravate the condition and lead to secondary infections. Keep the hands off your eyes.
In case, the condition worsens or does not better with the above treatment, it is necessary to visit a doctor who specializes in eye care. Diagnosis will involve briefing the doctor about the symptoms that are felt. This will enable the medical professional to understand the cause and formulate the right treatment for blepharitis.
Buying small kitchen appliances from CostcoRead more
Costco is a great place to buy appliances. They carry a good selection of electronics, home appliances, and kitchen gadgets. But is Costco the place to shop for small kitchen appliances when there are countless retail and web stores carrying the same products? Let us find out.
Costco is known for its discounts. The reason its customers pay for their annual membership is that shopping at Costco helps them save money. This is despite their membership payments, which can range from $55 to $110.
- If you want to buy new kitchen appliances, it can be worth your while to check the deals at Costco. Generally, Costco stores do not carry all the brands of electronics and appliances. But whatever they carry comes with great discount deals.
- If you have a brand in mind for your small kitchen appliance, Costco is probably the best place to buy it. For instance, if you wish to purchase a Costco Ninja blender, you can get this premium product at the lowest price possible in the market. To verify, you can compare the prices of your preferred brands at online and brick-and-mortar stores. Once you are sure that Costco offers the best prices on small kitchen appliances, you can benefit from the store’s discount deals.
Buying small kitchen appliances from Costco can mean benefiting from other offers and services also.
- Costco offers extended warranty on many appliances. So, if you purchase a Costco Ninja blender and there is an offer of extended warranty on it, you get extra peace of mind when using your appliance.
- At Costco, appliance shopping can be rewarding not only in terms of discounts but also satisfaction. There are trained and skilled salespeople at Costco stores to guide customers to make the best decisions about appliance purchases. After all, you don’t keep buying new kitchen appliance for the same application every few months until it has broken or stopped functioning properly. A good quality kitchen appliance can cost a lot of money. Therefore, it helps to get proper assistance from sales personnel at these stores. So, if you are buying a Costco Ninja blender, you can compare all models of Ninja blenders and also with other brands to make your buying choice. This way, you can easily see what you are paying for. For instance, you can confirm if the small jars with the blender is worth the product price or not.
- You can also easily avail appliance repair services at Costco. Members can avail discounts on repair parts and services. This is a major benefit of buying from Costco as repairs for kitchen appliances can often cost a great deal and, at times, not even worth it.
So, whether you are buying a small item like a Costco Ninja blender or a big kitchen appliance like a refrigerator, it can be beneficial for you to shop from a Costco warehouse.
Easy ways to keep your blood glucose in controlRead more
In order to lead a healthy life, it is essential that one must maintain a blood glucose level that is always in control. Blood glucose is a type of sugar that is essential to keep you body energetic; however, too much or too less can cause harm. High blood glucose comes with various threats attached to your kidneys, eyes, nerves, etc.
Keeping blood glucose levels consistent and in control can be a task, especially with the lifestyle changes that one goes through in today’s time. Hormonal changes in women too can cause glucose levels to fluctuate. Although appropriate medication and advice from your physician is essential, here are a few daily self-care steps that will contribute in keeping your glucose levels on par with your active lifestyle.
Follow a healthy diet plan – This is the most important factor that will impact the glucose levels in your body. As the old saying goes “You are what you eat,” it also implies to blood glucose control. Ensure that you eat all your meals on time. Many people are into the habit of skipping breakfast, this can only push your glucose levels to highs. Skipping a meal comes with the threat of your blood glucose falling lower too, especially if you under medication or take insulin injections.
Go easy on those carbs – Carbohydrates are condemned for being the food nutrient that affects blood glucose levels the most. It is necessary to limit the intake of food such as white rice, pumpkin, white bread, etc. that are very high in carbohydrates.
Regular Exercise – Exercising is crucial, it only aids in a better functioning of every organ of your body. Activities such as swimming, walking, cycling, etc. help your body to efficiently process food. Try to sneak in small walks wherever you can, maybe during the lunch break at office. Make exercise a part of your day, even if it means a few minutes.
Quality sleep is a must – Sleeping for fewer hours or disrupted and poor sleep patterns can do more harm than you can comprehend. Hormone functioning becomes poor and insulin sensitivity is decreased. Sleeping for enough hours is essential, but this does not account for over sleeping. Either ways, irregular sleeping patterns can affect the level of blood glucose in your body.
Boost drinking water levels – Say goodbye to unhealthy sugar loaded beverages and hello to plenty of drinking water. It is necessary to keep the body well hydrated, especially since the increased glucose causes frequent urination. Water aids in keeping your body well hydrated.